Did you know that AAAF has a program that provides grants so that children with Alopecia Areata and their families can purchase a wig?
AAAF has been running our Wigs For Kids Program since 2012.
AAAF believes that whether to wear a wig or not is a personal choice. As government assistance and Medicare / Private Health Care rebates are limited and vary across states, AAAF established the Wig for Kids Program to ensure that children wanting to wear a wig get the information, service and support needed.
To date, AAAF has provided more than $108,000 in grants.
Hear directly from some of the past beneficiaries.
Do you want support in purchasing a wig??
Here’s everything you need to know:
- The amount awarded is a total of $400.00 inclusive of GST.
- A child for the purpose of this program is a person of 17 years or under.
- To help care for the wig the amount granted can include the purchase of a wig stand, hair brush, speciality shampoos and conditioners, as well as the cost of the wig or part thereof with the cost of the wig
- AAAF can provide a list of Wig Providers in your state. A Wig Provider needs to be selected as part of this application. AAAF has the right to refuse the Wig Provider if we do not believe the Wig Provider will provide an overall positive experience and quality product for the child.
- The successful applicant will receive a voucher to present to the Wig Provider on collection of the wig. The Wig Provider will invoice AAAF directly quoting the voucher reference number.
Before deciding on a wig, it is best to do some research on the best type and style of wig for you. AAAF has compiled a document to help you get all the information you need to make the right decision for you.